Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dear Lucky Agent Contest

I've been following Chuck Sambuchino in his Guide to Literary Agents Blog for a bit, now. One thing he has been doing is a fairly regular "Dear Lucky Agent Contest." In this contest you email in the first 150-200 words of a book manuscript you have, to be judged by a guest literary Agent. The top three get a free critique of their first ten pages by the guest agent, as well as a year's free use of the Internet version of Writer's Market.

I decided to give it a whirl. While I am in the process of writing a new historical novel, some years ago I wrote a very bad Science Fiction novel. I pulled it out recently, noted the weaknesses but had some ideas on how to freshen it up. Actually it is a major overhaul and almost everything is changed, even the name of the hero. It is only a couple days from being completed, so for fun I've entered it into the contest. We'll see what happens. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment